Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Black Hornbill sighted again

Black Hornbill (Anthracoceros malayanus) - male of the species
Location : Licuala Hill, Zone I

Botanic Island Two in the background.
 It was another rare moment I encountered today. The Black Hornbill suddenly flew overhead while I was relaxing from work at Zone E, next to the Botanic Island Two,. I thought I saw some black object flying above the trees and was heading towards Zone I.  Fortunately, I had my camera handy.  Without wasting time I rushed towards Zone I making sure I was under cover of the jungle canopy.  At about 50 meters from my hideout I saw the Black Hornbill perched on tallest tree located at Licuala Hill.  My camera went clicking away.  The sighting of the Black Hornbill made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment