Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hello there, I'm here

Blue-throated  Bee-eater making call over the neighbourhood
Cempedak Hill, Zone G

 The early morning air was sweetened by the familiar call of the bee-eater.  I quickly decided to do my rounds checking out the source of the attractive voice.   I finally found a solo Blue-throated Bee-eater at the Cempedak Hill, Zone B.  It has been a while since I have not captured any shots of the bird, thus I began my uphill climb carefully in order not to alert the bird.  I moved in from a northerly direction and decided to take as many pictures as possible for the album. Moving stealthily I managed to get some good shots of it.  Apparently the bird was preening itself on the Cempedak tree's  perch and only when it saw me towards the end of the photo session that it flew away.  Here a few selected  pictures for today.


LS view taken at Cempedak Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment